BMF Port Burgas EAD is a private-owned port operator of terminal Burgas East 2 and terminal Burgas West, part of the national public port of Burgas.
BMF Port Burgas EAD was established by Navigation Maritime Bulgare JSC, Varna, on 23.06.2011. The company is registered in the Commercial Register at the Registry Agency since 29.06.2011 under Uniform Identification Code 201618489.
BMF Port Burgas EAD has its registered office and management address in Burgas, 1 Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Blvd.
With Resolution No. 421 of 13.06.2011 the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria appointed Navigation Maritime Bulgare JSC as concession holder of Port Terminal Burgas East – 2, part of national public port of Burgas.
The concession agreement for Port Terminal Burgas East – 2 was signed on 08.09.2011 by and between BMF Port Burgas EAD and the Council of Ministers of Republic of Bulgaria represented by the Minister of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications.
The concession agreement came into force on 01.01.2012 and the term of the concession is 35 years as of that date.
BMF Port Burgas EAD has beenappointed as concession holder of Port Terminal Burgas West, part of national public port of Burgas, by the Council of Ministers of Republic of Bulgaria with Resolution No. 153 of 05.03.2013. .
The concession agreement for Port Terminal Burgas West was signed on 08.03.2013 by and between BMF Port Burgas EAD and the Council of Ministers of Republic of Bulgaria represented by the Minister of Transport, Information Technologies and Communications.
The concession agreement came into force on 03.05.2013 and the term of the concession is 35 years as of that date.
In November 2013 BMF Port Burgas EAD has successfully implemented and applies a quality management system according to the requirements of ISO 9001, occupational health and safety management system according to the requirements of ISO 45001, as well as environmental protection system according to the requirements of ISO 14001.
In October 2020 BMF Port Burgas AED successfully passed a certification audit on the ISO / IEC 27001 standard for Information Security Management System.
The implementation of an Information Security Management System contributes to:
- strengthening the security of information systems within the company;
- compliance with the legal requirements for personal data protection under the European GDPR regulation;
- ensuring the protection of commercial secrets and know-how technologies;
- improving the level of control and protection of information from any unauthorized access, destruction, modification, disclosure and loss.
ISO / IEC 27001 certification guarantees to the company’s customers and all other stakeholders that BMF Port Burgas EAD applies working risk management methods and procedures to protect their data, preventing security breaches.
The company is certified by Bureau Veritas Certification.
From January 2015 the Company holds a Certificate of conformity of LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gases) measuring system with Directive 2004/22/EC on Measuring Instruments (MID) issued by the Czech Metrological Institute.
The implementation of such occupational health and safety management system contributed to the achievement of the following results, and namely:
- Control and improvement of the safe working conditions;
- Occupational accidents prevention;
- Risk identification;
- Risk assessment and control.
As of January 27, 2018, BMF PORT BURGAS EAD has the status of Approved Economic Operator (AEO) and has a combined Certificate of simplified Customs Clearance / Safety and Security/ /AEOF/ .
This status and certificate is provided by the Customs Agency after a thorough audit of the activities of BMF PORT BURGAS EAD and after covering the high requirements of the customs authorities. The AEOF is the highest level of the certificate. This status is recognized throughout the European Union. Its ownership means increased reliability and security of our supply chain services. The main advantages that the AEO Certificate provides are:
- Choosing a place offcontrol;
- Easy access to electronic customs services;
- Reduced physical and documentary control;
- Priority processing of shipments in the Customs Agency system;
- Better cooperation with the customs authorities;
- Guaranteed good reputation of BMF PORT BURGAS EAD, representing its clients before the Customs Agency, against companies that do not hold the certificate in question;
- Mutual recognition in relation to bilateral agreements between the European Union and third countries.
The company meets the requirements of the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code)
BMF Port Burgas EAD is member of the corporate group of Advance Properties OOD, Sofia.