The following activities are intended to provide safe work conditions and reduction of work and industrial accidents:
- For observation of the requirements of the Law on Health and Safety at Work by the staff, third parties and contractors, daily inspections on both terminals are performed by the respective authorized persons;
- Weekly inspections of the working order of the available handling machinery and equipment, , performed by the respective authorized persons of the Company in compliance with a previously drawn and approved schedule;
- Maintenance of the terminals in good operating and technical condition and performance of necessary repairs and reconstructions with respect to the stability and safety of the infrastructural components;
- Provision of work wear and shoes, as well as of personal protective equipment for the workers in view of the specific characteristics of their work, including upon handling of dangerous goods;
- Development and approval of all documents necessary for the safe and efficient workflow on both terminals in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations;
- Compliance with the instructions of the respective authorities and persons for provision of safety and security with respect to the observation of the fire protection procedures, labor safety standards and the work safety technique etc.;
- Provision of security of both port terminals, workers, employees and third parties – contractors and shippers – by hiring security officers, implementation of access control and video surveillance systems.
In order to improve the qualification of hired workers and employees on the territory of the port terminals and to provide the required personnel for achievement of higher labor efficiency and improvement of port services quality, the employees attend professional trainings at the expense of BMF Port Burgas EAD.
A meal voucher system has been implemented in order to improve the motivation of the workers and employees upon successful performance of assigned tasks related to the improvement of company’s production quality. Additional health insurance had been secured for part of the workers on both terminals.
An occupational health and safety management system (OHSAS 18001:2007) has been developed and implemented which lead to the following results:
- Control and improvement of the work safety;
- Avoidance of work accidents and incidents;
- Identification of risks;
- Risk assessment and control.
BMF Port Burgas EAD has contracted insurance coverages against all risks that may arise in case of labor accidents with workers and employees.